National Human Trafficking Hotline:
TEXT: “BeFree” to 233733
LIVE CHAT: HumanTraffickingHotline.org
What It Entails:
- Human trafficking is modern slavery that involves the recruiting, transporting, transferring, harboring and receiving a person by force, fraud or coercion to obtain some type of labor or sex act.
Why It Matters:
- Every year, thousands of men, women and children fall into the hands of traffickers, in their own countries and abroad.
- There are over 40 million people in some form of slavery globally
- A large percentage of forced labored slaves are children
- Human trafficking generates billions of dollars annually at the expense of someone’s life
- Every person is precious and each has a unique story to tell and dream to fulfill.
What God Says:
- Proverbs 31:8-9 – Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
- Genesis 1:27 – So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
- Isaiah 61:1-2 – The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord anointed me to bring good news to the humble; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim release to captives and freedom to prisoners; to proclaim the favorable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance of our God to comfort all who mourn…
- Mark 12:30-31 – and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.
- Isaiah 58:1-10 – Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the Lord? “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
- How to protect your child from sex trafficking– Know the facts and be intentional in your efforts to protect children from trafficking situations. It often starts with a simple conversation.
- Pray and intercede for the victims and perpetrators
- Bring awareness and educate on the different forms of human trafficking
- Partner with organizations- use your freedom to fight for the freedom of others.
- Give your time and finances
- Speak up and advocate for movements of justice in communities and government
- Know the myths of human trafficking
- Provide aid to victims and survivors
- Children’s Rescue Initiative– making a global impact in the war against slavery by freeing victims through our Rescue, Restore, Raise Up™ Cycle of Freedom.
- INfire– From Injustice to Redemption- We stand in the line of fire for children caught in areas of violence, human trafficking, and slavery.
- A21– Our mission is to end slavery
- The Joseph Project– a nonprofit organization that connects human traffcking survivors with pro bono legal services.
- International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects people in poverty from violence. They partner with local authorities in 24 program offices in 14 countries to combat trafficking and slavery, violence against women and children, and police abuse of power.
- Rescue1 is a sponsorship and outreach program that rescues children from the horrors of sex-trafficking and abandonment.
- Reflection Ministries of Texas invests and walks the journey of healing and restoration with sex trafficked victims. They provide stability, safety, healing opportunities, and most importantly God’s love and grace.
- Called To Rescue a non-profit organization that helps rescue children who are missing, have been abused or trafficked.
- iEmpathize equips adults to empower youth to eradicate exploitation. They prioritizes prevention of human trafficking using a unique child-centered approach and training.
- Polaris is leading a data-driven social justice movement to fight sex and labor trafficking problems. Learn about how you can be part of the solution.
- Shared Hope International– a leader on policy research in the field of child and youth sex trafficking for over 20 years, working to ensure federal, state, and local policies are rooted in and supported by research and promising practices.
- 20 Ways to Fight Human Trafficking
- Understanding Human Trafficking
- Human Trafficking Resources
- Learning about Human Trafficking Educational Material– Includes the true story of teens who faced real-life encounters with trafficking and practical resources to spread awareness and take action.
- Victormarx– we exist to identify, interupt and restore those affected by trauma.
- International and Domestic Law identifies countries that are combating trafficking of persons
- Prevention Project School Curriculum– In order to eradicate human trafficking, the selling of human beings for profit, we must educate young people on the lures of trafficking and invest in character and leadership development. The curriculum teaches how to equip student leaders to bring a lasting change for our schools, communities, and beyond.
- Find The Heroes Against Trafficking– leaders in the fight against trafficking in our world
- Human Trafficking Assessment Tool
- Small Talks on Human Trafficking– gain a greater understanding of human trafficking, and how you and your family can get involved to stop it.
- Bureau of International Labor Affairs– combats international child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking. The website includes child labor and forced labor reports.
- Prayer for Protection of Your Children– Pray along with Dr. Myles as he issues a divine restraining order for supernatural protection over your children in all areas of their lives
- Prayer for an end to human trafficking with a focus on action, prevention, protection, restoration, and justice
- A Prayer Strategy for Human Trafficking– Valerie Beck points out specific scriptures that target the greatest needs in human trafficking. It’s time to put the supreme worth of God on display through our prayers.
- Success Stories of Transformed Lives– Read these stories of hope as God transforms lives across the world
- Renting Lacy – A Story of America’s Prostituted Children by Linda Smith with Cindy Coloma. This story steps into the darkness of the trafficking underworld. Meet the actual people who live there. Hear their words – and sense the terror and despair.
Meet Nora and hear her amazing story.